Terminal Ferocity emanates from the autobiographical concern that other people think I am – and that I might actually be – boring.
The desire to perform a more interesting version of myself is embodied in a seductive avatar for all things wild and sexy: the tiger. My fantasy identity lives and breathes in the here and now. However, the traditional distinction between fantasy and reality is undermined through the mundanity of the situations the ‘fabulous’ tiger finds himself in, the quotidian topics he talks about, and his unassuming, casual persona. The possibility for reinvention is celebrated at the same time that its long-term feasibility is undermined by my own resistance (or inability) to be anything other than myself.
Just seen @garethcutter @suburbaret – you were fabulous! – @djjobunny
@garethcutter it is absolutely fucking gorgeous what you are making – love boredom! – @Kumaluva
- Gurning Bright Video Trailer (w/ Cold Mirage) – February 2016
- Suburbaret @ The Bedford, London – 18th February 2015
- Hashtag @ Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club, London – 19th December 2014
- Cabaret Playroom @ The Albany, London – 1st December 2014
- Mother’s Bloomers @ The Kings Arms, Salford – 13th November 2014
- Cabaret Regale @ The Dancehouse, Manchester – 21st June 2014
- Hashtag @ Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club – 18th April 2014